How to make mozzarella stuffed crust pizza
There are times I find myself wanting to indulge in a cheesy, stuffed crust pizza, however I live more than 10 miles from the nearest (decent) pizza takeaway shop, so its the rarest of treats. Takeaways are a quick fix dinner option when you’re short of time. This mozzarella stuffed crust pizza recipe uses ready rolled dough and ready made pizza sauce to keep it simple, but does NOT compromise on taste. I’ve seen other recipes which use string cheese or solid mozzarella inside the crust, this looks like a great idea, however I’ve opted for grated mozzarella in this recipe which works perfectly.
The recipe serves 2
250g grated mozzarella
3 tbsp Napolina pizza topping sauce
280g Ready rolled pizza base dough (we bought ours at Tesco)
Italian herb seasoning
Toppings (whatever you like)
Sliced black olives
Green pepper, sliced
Green chilli, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan / Gas 7
- Unroll the pizza dough with the baking sheet provided and place onto a round baking tray (as per pack instructions). Don’t worry if the dough goes over the edge of the baking tray. Prick the pizza base with a fork.
- Line the perimeter of the dough with grated mozzarella, a sprinkle of oregano (or Italian her seasoning), drizzle with a little oil and fold the crust over the cheese, pinching at the edges firmly to seal.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the middle of the base and scatter the remaining cheese on top of the sauce. Add your desired toppings, then sprinkle a pinch of Italian herb seasoning over the ingredients and lightly brush the crust with olive oil.
- Cook pizza on the middle shelf of pre-heated oven for 15-25 minutes or until cooked through and the cheese is bubbling.