This is a very simple dinner I like to cook for the 2 of us during the week. I’m sure you already know how to throw a stir fry together but this is quick, healthy and a regular in my house at the moment.
The recipe serves 2
250g Tilda microwave rice (we use brown basmati)
140g packet black bean sauce
200g vibrant rainbow stir fry veg
100g sliced fine green beans
2 boneless salmon fillets
1 tbsp coconut oil
- To cook the salmon fillets preheat oven. 190oC/fan 170oC/ gas 18-23 minutes. Loosely wrap each fillet in lightly oiled foil to form individual parcels. Place on a baking tray on middle shelf of oven for 18-23 minutes.
- 10 minutes after the fillets have been placed in the oven, put a large pan or wok on the hob and turn on to a high heat. Once the oil is hot add the veg and green beans. Stir the veg regularly so it doesn’t burn, we prefer it al dente but cook for longer if you like your veg to be softer.
- Put the rice in the microwave and heat for 2 minutes
- whilst the rice is warming up, add the black bean sauce to the wok / pan and stir for 1 minute until heated through and mixed with the veg.
- remove the salmon fillets from the oven, it’s up to you if you want to take the skin off or prefer to keep it on – I always remove mine.
- share the rice on to 2 plates, cover with the stir fry veg equally and finish by placing a salmon fillet on top of each plate.